torta di mandorle
1 & 1/3 cup almond flour
1 tsp. almond extract
1 cup unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
Grated peel of 1 lemon
3 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
1 tsp. cream of tarter
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup milk
confectioner’s sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a pan (I use a 9 inch round pan, you can use whatever you like)
3. Beat all the wet ingredients together.
4. Sift all the dry ingredients together.
5. Combine and add the lemon peel, make sure all the ingredients are well mixed.
6. Place in your pan and bake.
7. Takes about one hour or until the toothpick inserted into your cake comes out clean.
Serve with vanilla ice cream while warm or any other accompaniment of your choosing.