Hearty Tomato Vegetable Soup
6 Cups Chicken Stock
1 can pureed tomatoes (14.5 ounces is the size I usually buy)
1 large bag Organic frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups green beans, cut into bite sized pieces
1 cup bulgar wheat (cooked separately, according to package instructions, makes about 2.5 cups)
1 package (3 chicken breasts) all-natural, Organic chicken
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Cook your bulgar wheat according to package instructions, usually takes about 30-40 minutes. Set aside once done until needed.
2. While you are waiting for your bulgar wheat to cook, season your chicken with salt & pepper, throw it on the grill, cook until done and allow to rest until needed.
3. While your chicken & wheat are cooking, place your 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large soup pot (everything is going in here so make sure it’s big enough) Place your heat up to med-high.
4. Throw in your frozen veggies and your green beans, saute for about ten minutes.
5. Toss in your chicken broth, can of tomato puree and your thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Bring it up to a nice simmer, toss in your bulgar wheat once it is done (make sure to drain the bulgar wheat if there is any excess water), then cut up your chicken and chuck that in there too.
7. Allow to sit and simmer for about an hour, keep it low, then scoop and enjoy.